Acura Windshield Wipers
Seasonal Wiper Blade Replacement
Safe driving and being able to see the road go hand in hand. You depend on your Acura windshield wipers to clear your windshield in the rain, sleet, or snow, but most drivers don’t replace them until they encounter a situation where they need them and notice they’re not getting the job done. Maintaining your Acura windshield wipers often will prevent the squeaking, streaking, and smudging of old wiper blades. Kendall Acura can help you maintain your windshield wipers and drive safe.
Your windshield wiper blades don’t last forever, so here are some environmental factors that deteriorate them over time:
- Sun: Ultraviolet light and ozone deterioration.
- Oil: Car waxes and exhaust hold rubber-deteriorating oil.
- Airborne debris: Sand, mud, and dust carried in the wind.
- Moisture: Acid rain and salt water (both near the shore and inland).
Visit your Bend Acura dealership and we’ll help you with your Acura windshield wiper blades replacement. Changing them every year will help your forward visibility and keep you and other drivers safe on the road.
Common wiper blade problems:
- Streaking happens when the rubber on your wiper blades dries and hardens.
- Skipping will eventually happen once your old wiper blades become misshapen.
- Splitting is common when the sun breaks down the rubber in your blades. Extreme weather changes causing the rubber to expand and contract rapidly can also cause splitting, this is why a winter wiper checkup is important.
To maximize the life of your windshield wiper blades, follow these simple steps:
- Keep your windshield clean. A quick wipe with a squeegee every time you fill gas is ideal.
- Remove any loose dirt from your wiper blades after heavy rains or mud.
- Don’t use your wipers to scrape off the ice from your windshield.
- Always pull your wipers away from your windshield in winter months to prevent the rubber from freezing onto the windshield.
- Purchase the correct windshield wiper size. While you can go an inch shorter, the clear area on your windshield is smaller. Any longer than the recommended size will hang over the edge of the windshield and scrape the paint around your windshield and may not park correctly once placed in the off position.
Come see us at the Acura Service Center for an inspection of your Acura windshield wipers. At Kendall Acura, we want to make sure you’re safe on the road no matter the road conditions, so we’ll help you make sure that your wiper blades are in proper shape.